Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Nexus-6

I am not a replicant. The Nexus-6 t-shirt is nerdy, silly, obsessive and typical of me, but there is no way anyone would go to all the trouble and expense of genetically engineering a human to be the lounge lizard I am.

If I was designing a replicant, she/he'd be able to talk about prog rock for anything up to two minutes; would make the perfect cup of tea; would love films by Terry Gilliam and the Coen Brothers; and would never shoot Harrison Ford. They'd make a brilliant vinaigrette; roll a neat joint and just *know* exactly what to do when setting up a tent.

But I'm not a replicant, and no one else is either. Bummer.


It's been a long Cup weekend over four days. I've done bugger all... Lots of short, functional trips (to the dry cleaners, printers, work to hang some pictures etc). I cooked tonight, visited Mark and Bianca last night, helped Mark set up a blog, smoked and slept in this morning. I paid no attention to the Melbourne Cup and now I'm ready to go to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an almost perfect weekend, doing nothing much but bits & bobs.

I like the magazine "Nexus"!