Sunday, September 14, 2008

A new beginning

Why "Urban Scrumping"? In his show, Part Troll, Bill Bailey talks about growing up in the West Country of England and "scrumping" - stealing apples from trees, which he described as "basically fruit larceny." "I mean, you can't steal a stereo and call it urban scrumping."

I moved to Collingwood this week, within walking distance of the Melbourne CBD (and work), having spent the last twelve months in the northern shires, about 35km from the city (more than an hour in the morning). Lots of emus, kangaroos and cockatoos, and rolling hills as far as the eye can see, although that's not very far because we were in a valley...

I started a blog a few months ago and it tailed off into nothing pretty quickly. This time I have enough headspace to devote to this, or at least at this particular time I do - let's not make promises too far in advance. This blog will be a by-product of my life rather than a machine that I will be slave to. Some personal reflections will definitely appear, although probably very little of the most pressing things on my mind. Perhaps that will change; no guarantees.

A few of the early posts will be dragged over, kicking and screaming, from the old blog. This is so I can let that one fade away without the need for links.

No comments: