Sunday, January 11, 2009

Julia and Graham

Julia and Graham

Julia and Graham came down to Melbourne from Canberra last week and we managed to catch up, good and proper like.

I've known Julia since I started my first grown-up job in Canberra in 1991. She'd been a graduate recruit the year before me and we hit it off pretty quickly. We're both madly conceptual and struggle to remember where we left our car keys.

Slowly, between meeting in 1991 and 2000, we saw less and less of each other as we worked in different places, and then in the late 90's she moved to Sydney with her then partner. In my last six months in Canberra I rode my bike to Sydney to stay with her and Stewart, and had a wonderful weekend of wine and song. I struggled to ride back to work on the Monday morning, almost running out of petrol between Goulburn and Canberra.

She's visited us a few times in Melbourne,and a few years ago, on the eve of her departure had a phone call from a chap asking her out. Some time later, she and Graham were married.

We've been clubbing together, been to Earthcore together in 2003 (see video below) and this time we've...



wandered through Vic Market together (bratwurst for six, please); had dinner at Sigiri (our local Sri Lankan restaurant)with Alex, Emmy and Will (Emily turned out to be a total party girl); and spent an evening at home just talking. She and Graham flew back on Thursday and we'll miss them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bratwurst at the Vic Market? Has it pushed the Spanish donut van aside?