Sunday, January 11, 2009

Stuffed Banana Capsicums

Last night Alex and I made stuffed banana capsicums. These were a favorite in the Urbane household decades ago but have fallen off the radar. This time I made the filling (minced pork, chopped green prawns, coriander, garlic, fish sauce and black pepper) and stuffed them...

Cooking Banana Peppers

Before they were cooked, they looked like this...

Stuffed Banana Peppers

Cooking in Alex's sauce (a Thai red curry with lots of lime leaves)...

Cooking...

...and then completed. The best thing was Alex saying as we were eating that he'd forgotten how much fun cooking is.

The Finished Product

Technically, I'm back on leave. I went back to work for a week and now I'm off for another two. Of course, tomorrow I have to finish a business case, a recruitment report for one of my direct reports and respond to a bunch of emails that I just haven't got around to. I'm not being a martyr, by the way - I'm just not very well organised.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Im going to try find those capsicums here. They are rare to find but it looks scrumpcious.

Anonymous said...

What's the recipe for this one? I want to make it and finally found the correct capsicums and got excited as I remember this meal you made. I could guess if it need be.