Monday, March 30, 2009

Senate Committee

At a week's notice I was asked to present to a Senate Committee Inquiry into public transport on the state of PT in Victoria, which was nice.

The presentation was duly given this afternoon. I was then subjected to a modest and gentle toasting from Senators (with the emphasis on the "modest"), rather than a grilling. The Chairman started the questions by saying he thought "Melbourne had the best public transport in the country", which was a fantastic way to make me feel this was not, as I had geed myself up to believe, the Spanish Inquisition.

I thought it all went well, but who has any idea what the tissues will say? We'll find out in the morning...

As Senate Committees post transcripts of proceedings, I'll link to my bits when they appear on the interwebs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done you made The Age and came off well http://www.theage.com.au/national/cars-beating-public-transport-to-tax-breaks-20090330-9h25.html

Michael said...

That's not too bad at all! Thanks for the link Deb. Must admit I was lying awake wondering how this would look...