Monday, February 23, 2009

Who's a Clacker now?

I've been waiting for this for a week or so, and wanting to buy one for a while, but an Agfa Clack arrived for me today from the UK.


I've been mad keen on trying a Clack for a couple of reasons. First, the negatives are so amazingly large - they were designed to be contact-printed only - and their shape is a bit more 16:9 than 4:3, which should give some great results for wide, horizontal shots. Second, from what I've read it sounds like they're a bugger to get a decent photo with. Some comments I've read suggest they have only a very small focus sweet spot in the middle of the frame, and that's it; everything else is a softened blur. I've also read they have a relatively long shutter speed, so bracing against lamp posts looks like the go. The photos I've seen on flickr have been pretty impressive, so I'm not too worried.

I'm going to put a film through it in the next week or so. As soon as I have, I'll post some shots, at least if they're any good.

No comments: