Sunday, November 2, 2008

A few dot points

Short of organising my thoughts into coherent paragraphs, I offer a series of bullet points:
  • Friday was spent at an organisational planning day at Fenix, on Bridge Road. It was productive, but the thing that stick most in my head was the frank discussion a few of us had at the end about the toll the last few months is taking. Personal relationships are being tested, as is sobriety and patience. A uniform pressure is becoming a series of individual reactions, none of them constructive.
  • Saturday (yesterday) was spent at the races for Derby Day. I know nothing about horse racing, and while I will cheerfully admit to many vices, gambling isn't one of them. Fun, laughter, horses and crowds, bookended by a tram ride. Bernie (mon host) and I spent oooh, almost five minutes talking about work, so in that regard we were very disciplined.
  • Today Emily and I were supposed to go to the Whittlesea Show, but the traffic was banked up 10 km from Whittlesea so we gave up. Instead we dropped in to visit mum and dad, freshly back from South America; then marinara at Thornbury and now tapping away.
Goodnight.

No comments: