Tuesday, November 18, 2008

That's why it's called "Exhibition Street"

I went to a seminar/roundtable/workshop/thing this afternoon to try and answer the question, "how do we embed climate change consideration into our decision making". Putting aside the fact that the word "mainstreaming" was used by speakers without any apparent irony, the answer was "governance". Which was a bit odd, because I thought governance was the question. So now we have a Rumpelstiltskin problem - we don't know how to solve it but it least it has a name.

Walking back from the workshop, I passed a middle-aged man standing on the corner of Little Collins and Exhibition. He, and I had to look twice to confirm this, was scratching the underside of his chin with a wooden duck.

And that's why I live in Melbourne.

1 comment:

lisette said...

hurrah! how big was the duck?