Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tomorrow is a big day

Tomorrow I announce a new organisational structure at work. A part of me has been dreading this for a few months, but our structure doesn't meet our needs and it's not helping people. Not enough clarity of purpose, not enough clarity of responsibility. This feels like the most grown up part of the job so far, but I have too many people in the team to not feel a huge sense of responsibility. I've spoken to everyone who's going to be effected and I think it should be ok, but until it's over I'm going to keep worrying.

That's enough moaning. I have a job I love and it's a complete package.

I paid no attention to the Melbourne Cup yesterday. A horse won.

On the other hand, we paid a lot of attention to the US election today, dedicating a room to ongoing coverage. Adrian and Malcolm did their best Antony Green impersonations, flicking between CNN and the web. And lo, there was much rejoicing. A horse did not win.

Congratulations instead go to my flickr contact who is now the President elect.

Unfortunately, all day I've been imagining Barak Obama surveying the global credit meltdown with Bob the Builder, who asks, "can we fix it?" "Yes we can."

Good luck, for what it's worth. And if you need any assistance from a pathologically upbeat claymation builder who explains environmentalism to his anthropomorphic earth moving equipment, Bob's your man. "Can we fix it?" Errrr... I hope so.

1 comment:

lisette said...

good luck! btw i nominated you for an award (see my blog)

:)

welcome to the girly nice world of bloging