Thursday, November 6, 2008

Today's warning and ABC Science

Catalyst, ABC TV's current science show, offered the following warning to viewers:
"The following program contains scenes of fish harvesting that may distress some viewers."
Thanks for that.

But all is not totally stupid at Aunty's science department. Listening to RN on Monday night (I started this filthy habbit when the Olympics were on my normal station and haven't been able to give it up), Robyn Williams of the Science Show introduced Ben Goldacre, whose column in the Guardian, Bad Science, has been favorite reading of mine for a few years. The interview was mostly about the conspiracy theory coverage of the MMR vaccine and the damage that poor journalism has done to science and public health, but started with a declaration of interest. Ben Goldacre turns out to be William's nephew.

I know, it's not much, but as fans of both it made me smile. Bertie Wooster would have assumed eating fish must run in the family.

3 comments:

lisette said...

ha! that's my line....

Michael said...

...and I thank you for it!

Anonymous said...

Late Night Live on ABC each night is brilliant. Been listening to it for years and thankfully podcasts allow me to listen on the way to work each day.