Monday, November 24, 2008

Memories....

Derek Guille was on the radio this evening talking to some cabaret artists.

One was talking about the importance of having a message, a point or at least some pain to convey with cabaret, and remembered an experience watching a cabaret in New York.

The singer introduced a song with a lament.
"The last few months have been very hard for me. I've been looking after my mother who is suffering from Alzheimer's disease, and watching her lose all her... *bursts into song* "Memories.... Light the... ""


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! So he has dementia himself, or its rubbed off on him. Poor guy. He used to work at Batman Records!

Michael said...

Hi Deb - I didn't realize that! I don't know when you were last here, but I went to a bar the other day (just around the corner from work) where Gaslight records used to be.

Anonymous said...

Gaslight is now a bar? I know the record stores are a dying breed but when Gaslight goes then there is no hope. Should do a blog on old Melbourne record stores on a Friday night. I can think of many that have been and gone. Not that I went out with you and Mark on a Friday as I wasnt allowed. I used to hit them when wagging during the week. ;)